April 13, 2012

Stencils

I really dont know how to work with stencils.. but now I know how to play with them.. I made a few stencils for myself..


I took a thick paper and I have drawn grass like thing with the pencil.. The little butterfly stencil is from my stash and the big butterfly and the flower stencils are punched out from butterfly and flower craft punches respectively.. I started this work at 3:00 pm and finished at 6:45pm.. Really a mess.. I messed up my hands, dress and my work area cos this is my first stencil work..
Here is my work...


I made this photo frame (3D ???).. I used rainbow decorative tape on the outside of the frame.. The paint which I used for the grass, flowers and butterflies is from Hobby Ideas acrylic paint.. 




I felt that something was missing in this.. what I did was I took pink, green, blue and yellow color pens and just gave the shade to the flowers, grass and butterflies.. Then I added buttons, glitter and bling.. :) and the sentiment is hand written.. 

Im entering this into

...Thank You...



13 comments:

  1. Such a B'ful Card Deepti !! And Such Clever use of home Made Stencils..You Rocked both the Challenges....:)

    Thanks for Playing Along "For the Love Of Crafting # 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colours and a bright and cheerful card! Thanks for playing along the for the love of crafting ch#5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a lovely idea of making ur own stencil Deepti:)
      loved ur card dear

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot hussena, anita and kunda.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAbulous idea of making your own stencil...and the rainbow ribbon ties everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u maded ur own stencils, wow that's so creative! love those flowers, thanks for joining us at "for the love of crafting" spring colors challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a happy n cheerful frame.
    Thanks for playing along with us at"For the love of crafting"this month:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazingly creative! Thank you so much for playing "For the love of crafting - Spring challenge" with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow , this is so innovative
    the colors blend so well
    thanx for playing along' for the love of crafting -spring challenge ' with us

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Juhi, Kavitha, Priya and Mallika..

    ReplyDelete
  10. very clever! need to try this too. Thank you for joining us at Pie Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and really liked the idea of making your own stencils!!

    ReplyDelete