February 21, 2017

Adding Interest to the Negative Die-cut Spaces | Video


Hi everyone! I really like this pattern paper from Do crafts - Papermania. I usually don't use a lot of pattern paper on my projects. My card making style is simple and minimalistic! I was very much inspired by one of my old cards about neighborhood so I wanted to recreate the same concept or theme but with a different card design. I used my all time favourite TownHouse dies from Sizzix.co.uk. :)


CARD DETAILS

Making this card was so easy and fun. I cut the pattern paper to the size of the card base, placed all the cute house dies and sent this sandwich through the BigShot Express Machine. Once the die-cutting part was done, I inked the background with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and spritzed some water with mini mister and picked up the excess with a tissue paper.


By doing so, it not only adds water color effect but also adds interest to the negative spaces of the die-cut panel. Then placed the positive piece inside the negative space as a guide to adhere all the tiny little details.


I finished the card by stamping a sentiment on a strip of white card stock and by adding a few clear sequins here and there!

VIDEO DETAILS

I have filmed a video for you where I have shared everything in detail from start to finish. I hope you'll enjoy watching my video. 


watch it here | watch at my YouTube Channel

That's all for today! Thank you so much for visiting!! :)

4 comments:

  1. superb card!! love the use of the negative die cut space to add color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and clever technique to add color to the negative die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. share large videos You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete