June 26, 2017

Village Landscape | Sizzix Lifestyle | Video and Photo Tutorial


Please visit sizzix.co.uk for more updates, inspiration and information


I think Cacti is perfect for summer! I don't have any plants at home, I live in a single bedroom apartment where we have a very tiny balcony. To be honest, I don't think I can handle having an actual plant. LOL.. This Village Landscape Bigz Die is designed to go with the Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Village Dwelling. Since I want to decorate my home I made these cute little plants as my table decor. And also I have a pictorial for the cacti card which I will show you at the end.


I die-cut the trees and cacti from a white card stock and distressed colored them using Peeled Paint, Festive Berries and Vintage Photo. All the trees have indentations at the bottom where we can actually push the base through it. The base has also got an indentation which allows the top portion sit firmly while placed on a flat surface.


I also colored a few trees with markers. They look very beautiful together. Love how they turned out!


I've made a video for you where I have shown everything in detail, enjoy! :)



CACTI CARD DETAILS


I started by die-cutting the Cacti from Village Landscape Bigz Die by running through the BigShot Express machine. I used white card stock for this.


First I distressed colored all the die-cuts using Peeled Paint Distress Ink.


Then I colored the flowers on Cacti with Festive Berries Distress Ink


Then for the dimension I sponged Vintage Photo Distress Ink along the edges of the Cacti.


I thought the front panel was too plain so I embossed it with Wood grain Embossing Folder from Sizzix.co.uk


Then I foam mounted the cacti onto the card base


Stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn - Stuck on you on a strip of brown card stock with Archival Jet Black Ink and foam mounted over the cacti die-cuts.

I hope you like my projects, thanks for visiting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute card. I love cacti too. And your home decoration is pretty to.

    ReplyDelete