July 14, 2017

Happy Card | Sizzix Lifestyle | Video


Hello everyone! This is one LONG due post and yeah! finally it's live here!! ;) I wanted the gorgeous buildings go inside the gorgeous maple leaf, that's the idea behind this card and somehow I managed to achieve it. I used Bigz Die - Leaf, Maple and latest thinlits from Timholtz Collection called Cityscape, Metropolis for my project today. I also made a card using Cityscape, Suburbia dies, you can check the blog post and video HERE.

CARD DETAILS


I had already shown a peek of this card on my Instagram feed. Well.. I will tell you how I made it! First I die-cut the Maple leaf out of white card stock and the Metropolis dies from Black Card Stock. Next I water colored the Leaf with Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves Distress inks.


Once the leaf panel is dry I adhered the tall buildings over the leaf and trimmed off the excess. Onto the main card base, I smooshed Black Soot Distress Ink and I let it dry. Finally I adhered the leafy panel over the main card base and finished it with a sentiment panel, sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps - Happy Everything. To add more texture to the buildings I applied black glitter wash with Wink of stella.


Similarly, I've applied the same for this card also but I skipped the ink smooshing part and also used some bright colors. 


VIDEO DETAILS

I've made a video for the above card where I've shared the card making process in detail. I hope you'll like it. Thanks for visiting. See you soon :)

2 comments: