April 11, 2018

MOTHER'S DAY CARD | SIZZIX LIFESTYLE | VIDEO


Mother's Day is just coming and Spring has sprung almost everywhere! So I clubbed both the themes and made a card for my Mom! I celebrate Mother's Day everyday, the sentiment says it all :) My card features Swan Bigz Die and Garden Florals Thinlit Dies by Sizzix Lifestyle. I was inspired by The Ugly Duckling story, it was my favourite since I was a kid. I love how the creators put those expressions on the little Swan and mom Swan faces. Heart touching!! This story always make me cry!


Products from Sizzix Lifestyle

HOW I MADE THIS CARD
  • I started making my card by folding the card stock which is not a regular sized one, it's a kind of big card
  • I trimmed another panel smaller than the main card base. Both are heavy weight in white
  • Next I die-cut the Swan Bigz Die followed by Garden Florals Thinlit Dies through the Big Shot Plus Machine out of the same heavy weight card stock in white
  • Next I placed my Craft Mat over my work surface and water colored all the die-cuts with Distress Inks (flowers - Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint / Swan - Antique Linen, Black Soot)
  • I water colored the smaller panel also with Spun Sugar
  • I gold foiled one of the Swan's wings by Clearsnap
  • I doodled a bit on Swan's nose with Copic and black permanent markers
  • Finally adhered everything together with Tacky Glue and finished the card with a sentiment from Altenew - Best Mom
A FEW MORE SHOTS FOR YOU




WATCH & ENJOY

I have made a video for you, I hope you like it. All the supplies are listed in the YouTube description. If you like my videos, hit that like button and subscribe to my channel. You can watch it HERE or watch in HD on my channel.


FOR CHALLENGES

3 comments:

  1. your card is so beautiful Deepti, thank you so much for sharing it and the video with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card, Deepti. Love the swan (it's my maiden name :)) Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete